Creating a sanctuary.
We want our meditation practice to become a sanctuary, so that every time you come to meditate you have this feeling of coming home to a place of refuge within.
The guided meditation below does just that.
Here are 5 tips to aid in the creation of a meditation sanctuary of your own.
- Try to meditate around the same time and place if possible in order to create a habit of meditation. With time, you will drop into your meditation practice with ease.
- Find a space of your own where you can sit and not be disturbed, this could be the edge of your bed, a window nook, a closet, or a corner of a room in your home.
- Build an altar so that every time you sit to meditate you are reminded of this sacred space within by precious objects on your alter. These could be pictures of loved ones, candles, crystals, flowers and plants, incense, or whatever else may catch the attention of the heart.
- Make a comfortable seat to relax into using a meditation cushion, chair, edge of the bed, pillow, or rug.
- Non-judgement and non-attachment are key as you let go of thoughts, feelings, and physical sensations. Anytime you get lost in a thought, gently and lovingly draw your awareness back to your breath or mantra.